How do online audience payments work?
In addition to cash, audience members at groupmuses can pay you with our mobile app or online!
Once you've connected your Groupmuse account to a bank account through Stripe, we can send audience payments right to your bank! Set up "Audience payments" here.
Here's how it works:
- When the show starts, we'll automatically shoot emails and text messages to audience members reminding them to pay, and we'll include a link so they can easily do it from their phone at groupmuse.com/pay.
- Your host will remind everyone to pay at intermission and after the music. They will explain payment methods
- Audience members who pay online can type in the amount to give, charge their credit/debit cards, and that money will go directly into your bank account. (Less credit card processing fees!)
- We'll continue accepting payments for up to 24 hours after the event. (In case someone forgets to pay the night of.)
- We'll email you the day after the show, asking you to fill out a Musician Report to ask about how much cash you collected.
- After the 24 hours are up, we'll send your whole ensemble an email with a full summary of all money collected, in cash and online.
- The money will show up in your bank account with 2-3 business days!
Pro tip: If we have your phone number on file, we'll also send you a text message the night of the show, with a link to your payments dashboard. You can use this to monitor online payments as they happen, in real time.