How do online audience payments work?
In addition to cash, audience members at groupmuses can pay you with our mobile app or online!
Once you've connected your Groupmuse account to a bank account, we can send audience payments right to your bank! Set up "Audience payments" here.
Here's how it works:
- When the show starts, we'll automatically shoot emails and text messages to audience members reminding them to pay, and we'll include a link so they can easily do it from their phone at groupmuse.com/pay.
- Your host will remind everyone to pay at intermission and after the music in cash or digitally.
- Audience members who pay online can type in the amount to give, charge their credit/debit cards, and that money will go directly into your bank account (less credit card processing fees).
- We'll continue accepting payments for up to 24 hours. (In case someone forget to pay the night of.)
- We'll email you the day after the show, asking you to fill out a Musician Report, which includes how much cash you collected.
- After the 24 hours are up, we'll shoot your whole group an email with a full summary of all money collected, in cash and digitally.
- The money will show up in your bank account with 2-3 business days!
Pro tip: If we have your phone number on file, we'll also send you a text message the night of the show, with a link to your payments dashboard. You can use this to monitor online payments as they happen, in real time.
Note: We do not accept payments on your behalf well in advance of the show. As of right now, the idea is that the guests are still paying you on the night of the show, this just allows them to do it digitally.