Helpful hints and tips for virtual groupmuses
What you’ll need
- Use a computer with high speed internet
- You can use a smartphone or tablet, but we don’t recommend it. Read more here.
- Use external speakers or high quality headphones
- Internal computer speakers are often too quiet!
- Download “Zoom”ahead of time
- Click here to download the video-conferencing application Zoom. If you already have it installed, please ensure you’re running the latest version.
- Know your device
- Familiarize yourself with your device and some basic computer commands prior to the groupmuse. You can even pull up this demo stream to practice.
What to expect
- Check your e-mail just before start time
- One hour before the groupmuse, we’ll e-mail you the link to join. You can also access it directly from Account > My events on groupmuse.com. Read more about this here.
- Three parts, ~90 minutes total
- The pre-concert video chat on Zoom (~20 mins), the concert stream embedded on groupmuse.com (~50 mins), the post-concert Q&A on Zoom (~20 mins).
- Read the full virtual groupmuse format here.
- Pay the musicians during the show.
- A payment link will be available once the concert starts and for 12 hours afterwards. All payments are made via credit card through our secure payment system, Stripe.
Our Community Standards
- Be respectful
- Treat others how you would want to be treated.
- Promote a safe environment
- We can all help keep our community safe in many ways.
- Help everyone feel included
- Groupmuses are places where everyone is welcome, regardless of age, race, class, religion, ability, sex, gender, orientation, or political beliefs.
- Keep groupmuses accessible
- We believe that music and community gatherings should be accessible, welcoming, low-cost, and available to all, regardless of the resources at their disposal.