Virtual Streaming Program Details
Musicians have three options to present content virtually on the Groupmuse platform:
- Livestream: a live virtual performance and a post-concert Q&A with the artists
- Pre-recorded Premiere Concert: a debut of exceptionally crafted pre-recorded content, coupled with a post-concert Q&A with the artists
- Interactive Masterclass: A live and specialized seminar given by musicians; interactive and educational
For all events, there will be a dedicated staff emcee assigned, a one time $100 guaranteed minimum for first time virtual performers, audience email-newsletter opt-ins, and more. Our goal is to create the most effective platform for streaming chamber music concerts online, allowing musicians to offer genuinely connective experiences with their audiences, build bigger crowds, and raise more funds. After our first 350 virtual concerts (early October 2020), we've successfully raised an average of $325 per player per show, and reviews from audiences have been extremely positive. We want to invite more musicians to participate in this successful program!
Our guarantees for your concerts
- We will provide a staff member to emcee every virtual groupmuse you perform. The staff emcee will create and host a technical support Zoom room before and during the concert, as well as create and manage the Zoom room for the Q&A after each performance. The staff emcee will be responsible for helping your audience navigate the virtual groupmuse. (read more about the virtual groupmuse format here).
- Apart from the $3 reservation fee paid by all attendees at the time of registration, all money contributed during and after the performance will go directly to the musicians (minus Stripe's credit card processing fees of 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction). Our staff emcee will make sure to request a $10 minimum contribution per attendee. You'll also have the option to set a higher suggested contribution for your shows.
- If for your first concert audience contributions do not reach a minimum total of $100 per musician, Groupmuse will guarantee a payout of $100 per player for up to three musicians. There are no guaranteed minimums after the first concert.
- Audience members will have the option to opt-in to further email communication from you, and you will have direct access to those members' names and email addresses.
- While placing a reservation, or while making a contribution, we'll display a checkbox to allow users to share their email address with you directly. You'll be able to view and download the list of these subscribers.
- In line with privacy best-practices, we will only share with you the email addresses of attendees who opted in.
- Important note: we require that every email you send to these subscribers has an option for them to unsubscribe.
- To help you with crowd-building, we've revamped our "Virtual Host" program. If you can find a host for your online concert (encouraged, but not required), we will onboard them over the phone to ensure a successful experience. Learn more about our virtual hosting program here.
Requirements for musicians
- Demonstrate proficiency in and exclusively use YouTube Live for all online streaming performances (more information here).
- Perform a 45-60 min set with an optional intermission, within our program guidelines (read more about the virtual groupmuse format here).
- Attend a pre-concert check in 30 minutes prior to the start of show with your staff emcee, as well as the post concert Q&A on Zoom.
- Meet and sustain our basic online streaming technical requirements (see information on technical requirements here).
- Help with crowd-building for your events, or recruit an virtual host to support you. We ask that you target 15 or more RSVPs for every groupmuse.
- Our staff emcees will file a report for each virtual groupmuse. If a staff emcee files a complaint about your event (such as a Community Standards violation), we reserve the right to ask you to take a break immediately.
- If there is a problem with your technical setup, we will work with you to rectify it. However, we may ask you to stop performing until it is fixed.
- We reserve the right to remove any performer from our platform, for any reason, although we do not expect to ever need to.
- And a disclaimer: This program may evolve in these fast-changing times. We'll keep you updated as it does.