Livestream Concert Tutorial
There are two parts to every livestream:
- Concert stream (~45-50 minutes)
- Post-concert q&a (~20+ min)
There are two essential roles (and one optional) for every livestream:
- Performer: featured musician/s
- Staff Emcee: Groupmuse staff member moderating and handling the technical aspects of the groupmuse
- Host (optional): invites friends to the concert and assists in guiding the socializing element
Order of Events
- Musician, staff Emcee, and (optional) host all meet in Zoom 30 minutes prior to the groupmuse's start time
- Attendees arriving early will be directed to the waiting room
- Staff emcee and musician exchange phone numbers in order to communicate during the concert
OPTIONAL TECHNICAL SUPPORT ZOOM ROOM
- 15 minutes prior to the groupmuse's start time, the technical support Zoom room will open for all attendees to ask questions
- Staff emcee will be there to give a basic zoom/groupmuse platform orientation, discuss what Groupmuse is (including Groupmuses's community standards), set timing expectations, and provide the link to pay the musician(s)
- Music begins at the start of the groupmuse's designated time, embedded in the groupmuse's streaming page
- Throughout the concert the staff emcee will be available in the technical support Zoom room
- Attendees are encouraged to share comments about the pieces/performance in the Youtube chat
- The link to pay the musician(s) will be on the groupmuse's streaming page.
- Check out an example of a streaming page here.
- The musician and attendees are asked to join the staff emcee in Zoom for a ~20 minute Q&A.
- Emcee mutes everyone, stating that attendees can unmute themselves to ask a question OR type it into the chatbox for the emcee/host to read outloud to the musician(s).
- After ~20 minutes of Q&A, the emcee/host will make one final contribution reminder and signs off.