How to host during COVID-19
We are here to help Groupmuse hosts set up safe events to protect the safety and health of all our community.
As of June 2021, we reopened in-person events after carefully monitoring municipal regulations around masking, social distancing, and vaccination policies.
New hosting options
- Hosts have more options to choose from, based on their comfort level of gathering for live music: indoor groupmuses, Groupmuse Picnics, and private groupmuses.
- Guests are required to confirm that they have read and understood the host's COVID-19 safety policy before they RSVP.
When submitting an indoor event, the host can select between these options:
Check-in is required at the door to review the host's COVID-19 safety policy, with the help of a "Safety Guardian," who would need to be tagged when creating an event. We also send the Safety Guardian information on how to print out a check-in sheet. Safety Guardian can also encourage guests to check-in online at groupmuse.com/clipboard.
You can be the host and the Safety Guardian. Or, you can ask a friend to be your Safety Guardian. You can request that we help you find a Safety Guardian volunteer too.
Extra masks, hand sanitizer, and paper towels in bathroom should be available to guests.
We'll reimburse up to $25 for any purchases you make. Please email pictures of receipts to [email protected] along with your PayPal email address or Venmo handle, and we'll reimburse you within 3-5 business days of your submission.
Safety Guardian has these responsibilities:
- Check in guests at the entrance and review safety protocols.
- Ask guests to sign the Sign-In Sheet for contact tracing (which also includes the Liability Waiver).
- Ensure that all guests abide by the safety protocols above.
- If any guest is refusing to comply with safety protocols, firmly but respectfully ask them to leave.