Groupmuse Master Class Tutorial
Masterclasses take place entirely on Zoom and are intended to provide the opportunity for musicians to engage directly with their audience in a dynamic and spontaneous way—the intention is to take full advantage of the interactivity offered by a Zoom concert.
This could take a variety of forms, such as short lectures mixed in with performance, or a program with a specific arc designed to stimulate audience questions, or perhaps targeting at audiences who want to learn more about a specific composer, introducing other art forms to tell a story, etc.
If you have an idea fo a masterclass, we would love to hear your ideas*, and help you market and monetize the experience. Groupmuse Staff Emcees will still attend and help facilitate every Masterclass (and make the money ask as well).
Our current requirements are:
- You use Zoom's Advanced Audio Settings
- If you are using a mobile device, use this tutorial to enable Original Sound
- The event is both musical and interactive
- The entire event is 90 minutes or less (including any pre-and-post program socializing).
- You adhere to the basic virtual event technical requirements
*It would be extremely helpful if you could provide a detailed event description and "program" for the event, so that Groupmuse Staff (and audiences) can have a very good idea of how the event should go.
Regarding compensation, masterclases follow exactly the same protocol as Livestreams and Premieres:
- Apart from the $3 reservation fee paid by all attendees at the time of registration, all money contributed during and after the performance will go directly to the musicians (minus Stripe's credit card processing fees of 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction). Our staff emcee will make sure to request a $10 minimum contribution per attendee. You'll also have the option to set a higher suggested contribution for your shows.
- If this is your first virtual groupmuse and audience contributions do not reach a minimum total of $100 per musician, Groupmuse will guarantee a payout of $100 per player for up to three musicians.
- Audience members will have the option to opt-in to further email communication from you, and you will have direct access to those members' names and email addresses.
- While placing a reservation, or while making a contribution, we'll display a checkbox to allow users to share their email address with you directly. You'll be able to view and download the list of these subscribers.
- In line with privacy best-practices, we will only share with you the email addresses of attendees who opted in.
- Important note: we require that every email you send to these subscribers has an option for them to unsubscribe.
- To help you with crowd-building, we've revamped our "Virtual Host" program. If you can find a host for your masterclass (encouraged, but not required), we will onboard them over the phone to ensure a successful experience. Learn more about our virtual hosting program here.